PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE COMPLETING YOUR SUBMISSION!
Thank you for wanting to compete in this year's FPIA competition! Please review these rules, before continuing through to pay for your submission.
Keep your purchase email confirmation. If there is a discrepancy, we will use it to verify your application and submission payment.
CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Contestants must be currently residing in or around the Austin area. Qualifying zip codes
are 786xx or 787xx.
- You must perform at least five minutes, but no more than six minutes during preliminary
rounds. No exceptions!
- In order to qualify to compete, some contestants may be required to submit a five-minute
audio/video tape or provide references from funny people.
- Material must be original. If it is not, you will be disqualified, and everyone will hate you.
- In order to compete, the $15.00(no t-shirt)/$25(includes t-shirt) fee must
be submitted to the Capitol City Comedy Club by midnight Monday, April 20th.
Preliminary Rounds have been rescheduled for a start date of Rounds One, Two, and Three to begin on Sunday, May 3rd and will continue every Sunday through Tuesday nights up to June 2nd.
Semi-Final Nights will be held on Sunday-Tuesday June 7th - June 9th.
Finals Night of F.P.I.A. will be on Monday, June 15th
*please note dates subject to change
CONTACT THE CLUB AT 512-467-2333 IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU IN THE CONTEST!!
Cap City is proud to announce the start of the 2020 35th Annual "Funniest Person in Austin" Contest!
Sign Up Deadline this year has been extended till Monday, April 20th!
F.P.I.A. begins Sunday, May 3rd, 2020, with a preliminary round every Sunday - Tuesday until Tuesday June 2nd. Semi-Final nights will be Sunday - June 7th, Monday - June 8th, and Tuesday - May 9th. The Final night of the contest will be Monday June 15, 2020.