Cap City Comedy Reopening!
Cap City is getting ready to raise the curtains! We can't wait to have you and our favorite comedians back. We are restarting the comedy along while implementing city and state guidelines for patrons, staff, and comedians in order to provide an environment that is as safe as possible.
We have made some BIG changes so here is what to expect - please read carefully:
- Reduced capacity along with social distancing in accordance with local guidelines. To ensure social distancing, customers will be asked to keep a minimum of 6' between groups while entering showroom. Customers will be seated by a host at preselected reserved tables strategically positioned 6’ apart. No one will be seated with guests that are not in their party.
- Heightened cleaning protocols. All "touch surfaces” will be sanitized before and after shows, and will be sanitized continuously throughout the evening.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be visible throughout the club and we encourage patrons to bring their own sanitizers as well.
- “Touch free” temperatures for all staff, customers and comedians will be checked and must be under 100 degrees to enter the building. Customers who have temperatures and/or not feeling well are kindly asked to not attend performances.
- Masks/face coverings will be worn by all staff. We highly encourage patrons to bring and wear their own masks/face coverings upon arrival and when not seated at their table.
- At this time we are only accepting credit cards as forms of payment.
- Disposable Food and Drink menus will be provided. No modifications will be allowed and single use condiments will be available upon request.
- Until further notice, only tables will be sold available only through advanced online purchases and will be reserved seating. Cap City staff will assign seating based upon time of purchase and size of party. Until further notice, single tables will not be available. At this time, maximum table size is four.
- Cap City Lounge will be closed to the public as only our showroom is expansive enough to ensure safe social distancing between parties. For the foreseeable future, there will be no Cap City or Comedian merchandise and/or meet and greets.
Cap City is committed to CDC guidelines as well the City of Austin , State of Texas rules for reopening. As always if you are exhibiting symptoms of any illness, please stay home and get better. To find out more please visit The CDC Website.
Thank You and we look forward to welcoming you back! We have some great shows planned! Thanks for supporting Live Comedy!
Flatten The Curve!
We join with our service industry and entertainment community to help flatten the curve by remaining compliant with all government and health orders and recommendations which require us to close until June 1st. Shows that were scheduled through May 31st have been postponed. We are in the process of rescheduling these affected shows and all affected ticket holders will be refunded. We thank you for your patience as we all remain vigilant during this unprecedented time.
The 2020 Funniest Person in Austin contest deadline has been extended to Friday, May 15th at midnight. If you have not registered and wish to do so, you can now do it ONLINE!
In the meantime, our box office will be closed until further notice, but email@example.com is available for your immediate concerns. And, as always, tickets for future shows are available now 24/7 at www.capcitycomedy.com. Please check our website for future shows and updated information.
Your friends in comedy,
Cap City Comedy Team
Hello Comedy Contestants and Fans!
The 35th Annual Funniest Person in Austin contest has been rescheduled for a start date of Rounds One, Two, and Three to begin on Sunday, May 3rd and will continue Sunday through Tuesday nights through June 2nd. Semi-Final nights will be held on Sunday-Tuesday June 7th - June 9th. Final Night of F.P.I.A. will be on Monday, June 15th.
Deadline to enter the contest has been extended through Monday, April 20th.
If you have not registered and wish to do so, you can now do it ONLINE!
We very much appreciate all your support and look forward to the 35th Annual Funniest Person in Austin Contest! Let the joke-writing begin!
All dates subject to change! Please check our website for updated information.
Your Cap City Comedy Team!
Dear Cap City Comedy Patrons,
We ask for your patience while our team handles the repercussions of this unprecedented situation. The health of our patrons, staff, and artists is always of paramount importance! With that in mind, we will not be open for night time events through march 31st. If you have purchased tickets for a canceled show, you will receive a full refund. Our box office will be operating phones-lines only, — no customers in or out of the building, Monday - Friday noon - 4p.m.
Please check back for information and calendar updates as we solidify plans with artists’ teams.
Thank you for supporting live comedy in Austin and Stay Safe!
Cap City Team
Dear Cap City Guests --
As is everyone, we are keeping a close eye on the rapidly changing developments regarding COVID-19. As of this week our shows will be going on as planned. We will regularly update our website with any changes. The safety and health of our audiences, staff and artists have always been of paramount importance to us.
We are following all recommended guidelines and we are well under the capacity limits set by the City of Austin.
If you need some comedy, we will be here!
Thank you for your business and for supporting live comedy in Austin.